Travel agents have been hard hit by consumers booking travel and other services directly rather than accessing the expertise of travel consultants. This business trend requires travel agencies to explore options for business diversification. The rise of the phenomena known as ‘medical tourism’ presents opportunities for business expansion as does the growing number of travellers with disabilities, older individuals and retirees as well as people with chronic and other medical conditions that require special care.
There are many ways for travel agents to create niche specialty areas to develop unique selling propositions as ways to grow their businesses based on medical tourism. The training program enables them to acquire basic yet extensive knowledge, skills and attitude to pursue a business expansion that has the potential to reach high-net worth clients looking for professional medical care and patient care experience. And that is dedicated to the medical tourism sector. Our goal is to deliver the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to increase access to all types of medical services to as many people around the world.
The topics covered in the programme include:
- Introduction to medical tourism and medical tourists
- Basic medical terminology
- Providing customer care (pre-op and post-op)
- Communication in a medical setting
- Trans-cultural awareness and cultural norms
- Lifesaving procedures - what to do in an emergency, first aid, injuries and illness
- Handling bio hazardous waste
- Confidentiality, safety and security
- Dos and don't for smart medical travellers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Travel agents
- Travel agencies' owners
- Tour guides looking for a niche market to explore
- Hospitality and tourism professionals
- Existing businesses looking for new business opportunities with potential for high growth
Let us take you on your journey into the world of medical tourism and the endless opportunities with great potential for growth professionally and business wise.