Facilitators and patient care coordinators strive to provide a high quality patient experience from the beginning to end of his or her journey. Even the simplest dental or medical procedure requires a complex mixture of customer service, an understanding of healthcare systems, risk management and business acumen. This training program, based on research, experience and best international business practices, builds on the participant’s experience to improve both knowledge and skills.
- Travel agencies
Travel agents have been hard hit by consumers booking travel and other services directly rather than accessing the expertise of travel consultants. This business trend requires travel agencies to explore options for business diversification.
The rise of the phenomena known as ‘medical tourism’ presents opportunities for business expansion as does the growing number of travellers with disabilities, older individuals and retirees as well as people with chronic and other medical conditions that require special care.
There are many ways for travel agents to create niche specialty areas to develop unique selling propositions as ways to grow their businesses based on medical tourism. The training program enable them to require a basic yet extensive knowledge, skills and attitude to pursue a business expansion that has the potential to reach high-net worth clients looking for professional medical care and patient care experience.
- Hospitality professionals and business (hotels, resorts, wellness centres, etc.)
Hotels, resorts, wellness centres and spa guests are requesting specialized services and amenities whether they are individuals who need assistance with mobility, are disabled, are recovering from outpatient and day surgery services, or are recovering from major surgeries.
Many service providers are attracting these medical travellers as a way to diversify and expand their client base and increasing revenue by offering services to guests before and after they receive health or medical treatment. These medical tourists require changes to customer care that are distinct from the services offered to the typical vacation or business guests.
Preparing staff members is a key factor to successfully serve the needs of medical tourists. The training program is specially designed to prepare staff that are able to provide VIP customer care to guests who are receiving medical treatments and their companions.
- Medical centres, hospitals and clinics
The training program is the first and only that is dedicated to the medical tourism sector. Our goal is to deliver the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to increase access to all types of medical services to as many people around the world.
Drawing on a team of course developers and trainers who have extensive experience in healthcare, hospital administration and human resources, and tourism and hospitality, the training program focuses on the practical skills needed to deliver a superior patient care and customer experience.
The training program will benefit the medical industry through the availability of trained and experienced patient care facilitators and coordinators to manage the overall patient experience from the beginning to end. This enable the medical professionals to focus on what they do best and be assured that their patients receive the best pre- and post-operative care.
The training program focuses on key aspects of working with medical tourists and domestic patients, which include:
- Introduction to medical tourism
- Basic medical terminology
- Essential skills for working with medical tourists with exacting demands
- Cross-cultural training for medical tourism professionals
- Customer service skills and systems
- Care management including privacy and data security plus case management basics
- Risk management for patients, service providers and businesses
- Email etiquette – netiquetteEssential communication skills for medical tourism professionals
- Tourism business management including product development, marketing, online marketing and social media
At the end of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of medical tourism in its entirety
- Internalize and practise the transcultural values beyond borders
- Anticipate pre- and post-operative preparation including emotional and physical reactions to patients and their companions
- Provide beginning-to-end assistance for patients with special needs or requirements
- Deliver world class and professional customer care to patients and their companions
- Equipped with basic medical skills such as performing CPR or give first aid
- Response and act promptly during emergencies
- Properly handle bio hazardous materials
Designed to ensure measurable results, the ‘Assessment’ component to the training program confirms that the participants are able to identify and recall the key points. A post-training evaluation ensures the program meets the needs of the organizations or participants.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Medical travel facilitators
- International care coordinators
- Hospitality and tourism professionals
- Travel agents and tour guides
- Medical professionals
- Support staff from the medical fraternities
- Experienced nurses who seek a more rewarding career opportunities
- Prospective or current medical tourism clients
- Existing businesses looking for new business opportunities with potential for high growth
Contact us now to reserve your seat at the next session.